- Location: San Diego, CA
This is a great way to get your foot in the door!
Located in San Diego, CA
Do you have experience working with Microelectronic assembly and manufacturing processes? Do you possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent inter-personal skills, an understanding of engineering fundamentals? We want to talk to you!
In order to keep up with the increasing demand for our client’s products, we are seeking a highly motivated Engineer to help our team release quality products with a short time to market.
Our client is a world leading provider of wireless and wired technologies for the mobile, networking, computing and consumer electronics markets. They are focused on inventing technologies that connect and empower people in ways that are elegant and accessible to all. Location technology and location-based services have become essential to modern living and are central to the mobile user experience.
Our client is seeking an experienced microelectronic assembly quality engineer who has worked with various packaging technologies, including flipchip, wirebond, WLP, PoP, compression molding, and transfer molding. The role is responsible for development and qualification of SiP assembly processes and equipment, and establish SiP process control and quality control plan, and provide/document the required procedures. Supplier quality experience and quality failure capability experience are also preferred.
We are looking for someone with:
3 years of experience in one or more of the following:
- Microelectronic assembly processes for consumer products.
- Manufacturing process experience in SIP modules, wirebond, flip chip, underill, compression molding, transfer molding, and other packaging assembly technologies.
- IPC workmanship and performance standards related to electronic assemblies (IPC-610, JEDEC stds etc.).
Experience in 1 or more of the following areas in preferred:
- Working experience in SiP assembly or OSAT. Familiarity with quality methodologies, such as Six Sigma, probability, statistics, sampling, DOE, capability studies.
- SMT Manufacturing processes.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to deliver effective presentations to peers, management and customers and good documentation skills for the quality control plan.
- Supplier quality experience is preferred.
- Strong quality experience on modules production and SMT production is preferred.
- Strong procedure documentation capability, strong failure analysis capability, strong Excel, data crunching and analysis capability are preferred.