Senior Software Development Engineer
- Location: San Diego, California
This is a great way to get your foot in the door!
Located in San Diego, CA
$40 to $50/hour
Candidate will develop proof of concept for exploit security vulnerabilities across various technology areas in Android & IoT devices. Communicate status of development activities as required. Display strong technical knowledge. Excellent knowledge of Linux and Android operating systems. Collaborate with team and management to ensure that enhancements, application defects are managed effectively. Ability to collaborate, establish, and maintain credible and influential relationships. Solid written and oral communications skills. Strongly self-motivated, enthusiastic, and flexible. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- 3-5 years of Software Development experience.
- Must be efficient on Linux environment (no GUI, full command line), Android.
- Have a good understanding of standard software development methodologies, such as Object-Oriented programing, Design Patterns, Agile software development, etc.
- Strong device drivers knowledge.
- Strong Linux internals knowledge.
- Experience writing and debugging both kernel and user-mode programs.
- Strong understanding of low-level computer fundamentals, assembly and processor architecture.
- Good to have Android application development experience.
- Knowledge of engineering best practice, including source control management and testing.
- Working knowledge of Perforce and/or GIT.
- Experience with Atlassian based products (JIRA,, etc.) is a bonus.
- Knowledge on security testing techniques including fuzzing and pen-testing.
- In-depth knowledge of the C/C++ programming languages.
- Knowing Java added advantage.
- Hands-on experience on scripting languages like shell scripting & python.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP, HTTP and WLAN protocol.
Linux Driver Development Embedded Systems Development
Required: Bachelor's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
Preferred: Master's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience