Systems Integration Engineer - WLAN Hardware Systems
- Location: San Jose, CA
This is a great way to get your foot in the door!
Located in San Jose, CA
$58 to $67/hour
Do you have a passion for helping people and getting things done? Do you possess a unique blend of helpfulness, drive, and attention to detail that transforms ambiguous goals into concrete results? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
WLAN HW Systems Integration will be responsible for chip and product-solution-level development for next generation wireless products. The work will primarily focus on WLAN PHY/RF performance characterization and will require debug and implementation of C code running on an embedded ARM processor. It will also involve up front wireless communication system performance analysis, system bring-up on the bench on Silicon platforms, and performance optimization for the target system.
This position will closely work with HW and SW engineers to resolve functional issues and fine tune performance to make best-in-class WiFi/Communication products. The Systems Integration Engineer will also generate technical collaterals detailing system solutions for current and future products. - Conduct up front system analysis based on product marketing requirements. Predict overall system performance and provide engineering feedback on cost and performance tradeoffs such as power VS EVM.
Identify, define and execute test plan for comprehensive and effective silicon bring up at PHY layer. Various operation conditions will be covered such as channel model, noise and interference environment. Analyze test result, debug issues, improve performance and generate competitive analysis. Bring up WLAN, validate functionality, and characterize performance on various platforms- Drive system performance optimization from the perspective of HW/SW/Algorithms.
Bachelor's, Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- Master's, Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- Solid understanding on digital/wireless communication theories such as OFDM, MIMO, Beam-forming, etc.
- Strong programming background.
- Experience in SW development in C.
- System level knowledge on wireless transceiver functional blocks such as AGC(packet detection), TX power control, Equalizer, RF Synthesizer.
- Good understanding of IEEE 802.11a,g,b,ac,ax PHY & MAC layer specifications.
- Hands-on lab debugging/measuring skills using Spectrum Analyzer, VSG, VSA, Network Analyzer & Power Meter.
- Self-motivated and an effective team player.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- MAC protocol knowledge such as TCP, UDP Experience in board level design.