IoT Multimedia Engineer
- Location: San Diego, California
Come join our team!
We are looking for a special person to fill this contract position with our client, one of the leading semiconductor
companies in the business. This is a great way to “get your foot in the door”!
Do you have a passion of helping people and getting things done? Do you possess a unique blend of helpfulness, drive, and attention to detail that transforms ambiguous goals into a concrete results? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
The perfect candidate will have 3+ years of work experience in the following:
- Embedded software and/or driver development.
- Candidate should be detail-oriented and have strong analytic, debugging skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), working with teams across multiple time zones.
- Extremely strong knowledge of C/C++ programming.
- Thorough understanding of multimedia frameworks (OpenMAX,, StageFright, Mirrolink, Miracast).
- Knowledge of one or more Real-Time Operating Systems is preferred (including Android, QNX, embedded Linux).
- Solid understanding of ARM assembly language and low level software/hardware interface design, debugging is a plus.
- Fluent in industry standard software development tools: HSW/HE debuggers, code revision control systems (GIT, Perforce), IDEs and build tools.
- Excellent knowledge of:- Audio and voice encode/decode formats:- MP3, AAC, WMA, AC3, Dolby Digital, DTS, FLAC, AMR, EVRC, QCELP, and etc., Video standards:- H.265, H.264, VP9, VP10, MPEG-4,MPEG-2,VC-1.
- Knowledge of advanced computer vision, Video Analytics (facial recognition, object recognition).
- Strong knowledge of streaming and networking protocols such as RTP, RTSP, HLS, Adaptive Bit Rate Streaming, HTTP, UDP, Bluetooth protocol.
- Experience in audio/video processing pipeline implementation for media applications (playback, capture, transcoding, streaming, voice call, analog audio codecs/ADIE, software defined radio, satellite radio, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience in Audio/Video pre and post processing algorithms for subjective quality enhancement, speech recognition, noise cancellation, natural language recognition, multi-mic, multi-speaker algorithms, etc.; motion compensation & estimation, deinterlacing is a plus.
- Working knowledge of MIPI-CSI-2 and PHY specification.
- Working experience with bus protocols such as I2C/SPI.
- Experience in driver design and implementation with multiple camera vendor sensors such as :Sony, Aptina, OmniVision; V4L2 -Experience with FPDLINK serializer/deserializers, CVBS, analog cameras; Familiarity with camera imaging pipeline such as 3A (focus/white balance/exposure), HDR, color correction, etc., is a plus.
- Graphics: Experience in 2D and 3D graphics technology and standards such as OpenGL, OpenGL ES, and EGL -Working knowledge of 2D blitting operations and a thorough understanding of commonly use color formats used in multimedia applications.
- Knowledge of the use of the GPU as a compute engine.
This position is more of an Android Framework Generalist and we are looking for candidates with 2 -6 years of experience with one or more of the above tech areas.
Required: Bachelor's, Computer Engineering