Linux Software Engineer
- Location: San Diego, CA
This is a great way to get your foot in the door!
Located in San Diego, CA
Do you have programming experience working with Userspace in Linux? Do you possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent inter-personal skills, an understanding of Java programming? We want to talk to you!
Our client is a world leading provider of wireless and wired technologies for the mobile, networking, computing and consumer electronics markets. They are focused on inventing technologies that connect and empower people in ways that are elegant and accessible to all. Location technology and location-based services have become essential to modern living and are central to the mobile user experience.
As the world leader in supplying GNSS and location based services to the wireless device market, we deliver location technology solutions to smartphone, tablet, wireless modem, and standalone GNSS enabled device manufacturers. The Location Technologies team develops hardware and software based on GNSS and other related positioning technologies to meet the growing demand for location based services. The location technologies created by the Location Technologies team have been deployed in over 1 billion cellular handsets and mobile devices.
We are seeking a minimum of 5-7 years of engineering experience in the following:
- Proven ability to design, debug and document complex software applications.
- Proven programming experience in C or C++
- Familiarity with object-oriented design, COM or related technologies is highly desired.
- Prior experience with AMSS or MSM platforms is a plus.
- Technical understanding of wireless applications and network interactions with handsets - e.g., browser, messaging, email, app downloads, etc., is highly desired.
- Experience developing and debugging in embedded environments is highly desired.
- Experience in Java programming is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Mature interpersonal skills with an ability to collaboratively work with many varied teams and resolve problems spanning many disciplines.
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic, multi-tasked environment.