Linux Yocto/Kernel Development/Triage Software Engineer
- Location: San Diego, California
You will be part of the Linux 4G/5G Modem software team providing commercial grade Embedded Linux/Yocto solutions on our state of the art 4G/5G modem chipsets to enable the next-generation of smartphone, IOT and Automotive products. We are looking for an exceptionally strong Embedded Software Engineer with extensive hands-on development, debugging & triaging background in a Linux/Yocto/OpenEmbedded based environment.
- Develop, debug and triage Linux/Yocto releases on our 4G/5G Modem products. Complete ownership from device bringup to commercial launch across multiple segments ranging from smartphones, USB modules, MiFi and commercial 4G/5G Routers, IOT & Automotive cellular voice & data modules, etc.
- Manage Yocto, Kernel & Security upgrades across current and upcoming products.
- Excellent triaging skills to help troubleshoot and rapidly isolate reported problems are required.
- Experience optimizing Power and Performance for battery powered devices is a plus.
- Experience with kernel device drivers and display, multimedia and connectivity/data frameworks is a plus.
3+ years required experience in one or more of the following: Design and document complex software applications. Programming experience in C, C++. Programming experience in Python and Java preferred. Prior experience developing in one or more embedded environments like Yocto, OpenEmbedded, Linux, Android or Tizen.
Prior experience on Linux and/or Android device drivers and frameworks development/debugging/triage is a plus.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or Equivalent with 5-10 years of experience.
Preferred: Master's degree.