Software and System Test Engineer or System Integration Engineer- Sensor Integration & Verification
- Location: San Diego, California
This position involves testing of sensor related software, HW and development of automated test cases with the following responsibilities:
- Review requirements and designs, define test requirements and test plans.
- Test development, execution, troubleshooting and problem resolution on embedded devices integrating sensors HW. Depending on the phase of the project, the focus is in verifying sensor performance against the data sheets at native API level, validation of algorithm performance offline and within target or validating the actual user experience in Qualcomm or customer target HW.
- Bring-up and initial regression testing of new sensor SW and HW releases. This covers supporting the initial bring-up, verifying the initial HW design and creation of efficient regression test cases to validate the performance of the HW/SW implementation in highly integrated chipset environment.
- Actual role will be tailored based on the candidates skill sets. For SW / System test engineer role focus is in verifying sensor related APIs at physical sensor driver or 3rd party OS level (Linux Android). Develop test cases and other SW PC test tools for the teams use using C#. Scripting with Python and Perl. There are also opportunities to develop embedded C and C++ test applications for qualified candidates.
- For System integration engineer role Validate sensor and algorithm performance against data sheets and tune sensors and elementary algorithms for a new HW. Verify the successful interaction and concurrency with other chipset features. Interact in a global team environment with various SW, system, test and test framework teams.
- Drive the resolution of the observed issues with the development.
- Track the status of test execution and open bugs, prioritize issues for the development and drive the successful commercialization of the feature or release. This position offers a unique opportunity to work on the successful commercialization of leading edge sensor and wearable technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Positions available at different experience levels from 1-3 years of work experience, testing embedded systems, software and APIs.
- Good understanding of test methodology and test processes, including requirements collection, test plan development, execution and error tracking.
- Hands-on debugging skills in the lab using standard lab equipment (scopes, multi meters, voltage sources, sensor specific measurement equipment) to debug the system.
- Detail oriented, thorough and analytical approach required with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to time-share and prioritize between multiple tasks is crucial.
- For SW / System test engineer role: Experience in developing test automation with strong programming skills in C#. Basic scripting with Perl and Python.
- For System Integration test engineer role: Previous work experience with embedded systems preferably integrating sensors (inertial, environmental, physiological and chemical) and capability to understand the expected behavior / performance based on sensor data sheets. Excellent Matlab skills with familiarity of Perl / Python scripting.
- Embedded C++/C coding for terminal resident test clients.
- Previous exposure to Qualcomm test tools like QXDM/QPST/ATM and test processes extremely useful.
- Knowledge of JTAG debuggers and hands on experience with Linux Android would help to ramp up quickly.
- Previous exposure to Sensors (inertial, pressure, magnetic, ambient light, proximity, environmental and physiological) testing advantage.
- Understanding of sensor features in different mobile HLOS and their sensor features.
Required: Bachelor's, Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Master's, Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering